About commissioning of a fiscal machine
Once you have selected and purchased a cash register, it needs to be fiscalized and programmed pursuant to the legislation and company's specifics, and your staff need operation training, all of these being offered to your free of charge by SEDONA.
“Fiscalization” is the process whereby the technicians accredited by the Ministry of Finance set-up the cash register or fiscal printer in the fiscal mode of operation (activate the fiscal memory) and customize the machine with the user’s data. The fiscal machine can be used for tests between purchase and fiscalization. Once fiscalized, the cash register or fiscal printer can no longer be used to issue non-fiscal receipts nor the data entered can be further deleted (company data and sales).
Fiscalization is subject to issuance of the Order Number Assignment Certificate by the Directorate General of Public Finance in the fiscal jurisdiction where the machine is to be used. For example: if a company has its registered office in Bucharest and intends to use the cash register in one of its business units in Constanta county, the Certificate shall be obtained from D.G.F.P. Constanta.
Common features of the models of cash registers in our offering:
- - Computer connection. All models are equipped with a computer connection interface which would support the use of the cash register as “fiscal printer” and programming of the PLU articles; however, not all the models are recommended for both modes of operation.
- - Thermal printing. Thermal printing drives the following advantages compared to the ribbon or matrix printing: it is more economic (no ink consumption); higher printing speed; noiselessness; easier changing of the roll; no time lost with changing the ribbon.
- - Accepted foreign exchanges: possibility to operate with two currencies at the same time, namely Leu and EUR.
- - Payment methods: support receipts by various means of payment: cash, card, lunch tickets.
- - Customer display: all models are equipped with customer display.
- - Money change: the amount of the change due can be calculated, displayed on screen and printed on the receipt.
- - Different users: support programming of user names and passwords for multiple operators.
- - Discount: support percentage discounts for the entire receipt or for one article each on the receipt. Certain models support also value discounts.
About warranty and post-warranty:
The warranty offered for the cash registers is 1 year. The Servicing Agreement is compulsory under the law after the expiry of the warranty, but you can benefit, since the very purchase, of the advantages of a servicing agreement: prompt visits to your office for interventions; regular revisions; assistance by phone; supply of consumables; article programming; delivery of fiscal memory; etc.
The average lifetime is 7 years for a cash register and 10 years for a fiscal printer.
About issuance of the order number by DGFP:
Choose SEDONA and the services related to the submission and collection of the file to and from DGFP in Ilfov county and Constanta county shall be provided to you free of charge. The same service is also available free of charge in Bucharest, but additionally requires a power of attorney.
Differences between a cash register and a fiscal printer:
Cash registers can be used both connected to a software and independently, whereas fiscal printers are controlled exclusively by a software (as they are not provided with keyboard or operator display).
Cash registers are homologated independently and can be used with any software, whereas fiscal printers can only be used together with the software they were bought with.
Generally, fiscal printers offer better functions than cash registers, such as: longer texts on the receipt; longer article names; wider receipts; receipt “auto-cutter” system; roll running-out alert; more payment methods; more VAT rates; a.s.o.
Better functions compared to cash registers
They can be used both connected to a software and independently (they have keyboard and operator display).
They can only be controlled from a software (no keyboard and operator display)
They can be used with any software.
They can only be used together with the software they were bought with.